How much personal information are you carrying around on your iPhone? Contacts, text messages, e-mails, pictures - quite a lot, am I right? Because your iPhone phone holds a lot of personal information, it's important to know how to keep that information safe and secure.
The following are the 7 essential things you should to in order to keep the information on your iPhone safe and secure:
1. Password protect you iPhone and set the phone to automatically lock itself after few minutes of inactivity.
2. Use remote wipe application. There's quite a few remote wipe apps available for iPhone smartphones. I would recommend you to go with an app called Find My iPhone. With Find My iPhone, you can always find the location of your phone on a map as well as delete all data input from the phone remotely.
3. Don't sensitive data such as passwords, bank information and so on on your iPhone. I think this one is pretty obvious, isn't it?
4. Don't connect your phone to unknown WiFi networks, use 3G/4G instead. If you are connected to a Wifi network, somebody could possibly attack your phone and install malware on it.
5. Don't open shady links on social media networks and other sites. Your friend Bill shared a link of a teenage girl doing what on Facebook? Your friend Bill is 42, married and has children - do you really think it was him?
6. Use firmware and make sure that you always have the latest version.
7. Don't trust strangers alone with your phone. Yes, that nice young girl on the street only asked your phone to call her parents but are you sure she didn't actually install spyware on it?
If you are also concerned about how well your iPhone is running, then look here - it's a great guide on how to reset your iPhone. Resetting your iPhone can fix a ton of different problems and make your phone work a lot faster.